Welcome once again Loony Listeners!
Welcome to another newsletter ( I think we’ll just call it the ITK Newsletter to avoid any confusion ) showcasing yet again what we have in store for the upcoming Into the Knight Podcast.
As some of you may know, there have been constant changes to the ITK format – a bit of tweaking here….a bit of tweaking there… but fear not! Things will settle down soon enough, and one of the aspects (no pun intended) which will go towards this resolution, is the fact that the podcast will now sync with the phases of the Moon!
Yep, that’s right – since we have various episode types now, I thought we’d leave it up to Khonshu to decide what type of shows will appear week in, week out. Below, you can see the phases of the Moon and how they correspond to the show types –
For new releases of comic series runs (like the current Max Bemis series), these will take priority over any of the other show types – so don’t you worry, we won’t miss out on those!
Also, just to clarify, here is a run-down of the show types we have on offer –
- LUNAR-PICK, Classic Run: a review of a Moon Knight comic as he appears throughout Marvel comic history. This will essentially be chronological. So whatever comic we review on the episode…the very next Classic Run will be the very next appearance of Moon Knight int he Marvel Universe;
- CAN’T FIGHT THE SPOTLIGHT: a run-down of a Moon Knight affiliated character, whether it be an ally or foe. Get to know the Moon Knight canon!
- LUNAR-PICK, Modern Run: a review of a more modern Moon Knight comic. This won’t necessarily be in chronological order, but it does give the flexibility to review later runs without having to wait on the Classic Run reviews;
- IDOLS FOR KHONSHU: a review of any recent or past released Moon Knight action or toy figures…we need more!
- OVER THE MOON, Trade/Arc Review: Our old segment has been given a revamp and now it’ll encapsulate reviews we may do on the episode, covering a whole arc or trade. This can most recently be seen in the Secret Avengers trade review, hosted by Tommy ‘Our Man on the Streets’ and his friend Matthew;
- MOON AND STARS, TV/Film Review: Our review of any version of Moon Knight captured on film. As we wait for hopefully a TV Netflix show or a film appearance, there are still heaps of amateur fan-flicks out there dedicated to Moon Knight which would be fun to review;
- ISLA RA SESSIONS: A popular segment with the Loonies. Isla Ra Sessions are an opportunity to know your fellow Loony and to learn more about what’s out there in the comics world. We start by learning more about the guest Loony, then we delve into their 4 top comic books ever! Those four books they’d take to Isla Ra and not need anything else! It’s always interesting and fun to hear what people’s favourite comics are…You never know – you may end up falling in love with a title from one of the Isla Ra Sessions…Fun and exciting!
As the Moon will be in it’s Waxing Crescent this coming weekend, we’ll be reviewing a Modern Run of Moon Knight comics, and due to popular demand, the LUNAR-PICK for this episode will be Warren Ellis’ –
PHASE OF THE MOON: WAXING CRESCENT
MODERN RUN: MOON KNIGHT VOL.1, ISSUE #1 – “SLASHER”
Am also pleased to announce we’ll have returning to the show, special guest Loony, Josh ‘Geronimo’ Johnson..! Some of you may remember Josh featured on an ISLA RA session with one of his top 4 books being and Ellis-Moon Knight (issue #5). What better person to have on the show than Josh, to go through the very first issue of Ellis’ run? 🙂
As previously mentioned in the last newsletter, a Discussion Thread has been posted up for Loonies to get their thoughts in on Warren Ellis’ #1 and his series in general. You can also drop over any thoughts you may have with the following –
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast Page: http://intotheknight.libsyn.com
- Facebook Page: Into the Knight – A Moon Knight Podcast
- Facebook Group: Into the Knight – A Moon Knight Fan Base
- Twitter: @ITKmoonknight
OK, that’s it for this newsletter! Hope you have a great rest of the week and hope to have you listening in!
Oh! One final thing – please consider giving us an iTunes Review. Haven’t really asked all that much, but it DOES help with getting the ITK name out there and hopefully towards more Loonies, who haven’t heard about us as yet…if you could leave a review, we’d be very grateful and we’ll of course give you a shoutout on the show, in our SPECTOR-CALL segment!!
Praise by Khonshu! Under his Eye (you can tell I’ve been watching Handmaid’s Tale hehehe)…
May Khonshu Watch Over the Denizens of the (K)Night,
Proud Member of The Collective